~O~

O

is for Overwhelmed, Organize and Outstanding

I am being swallowed up by life. It's as if someone has pressed that button the DVR remote. You know the one I'm talking about. You press "fast forward" once and life moves slowly forward. In my case? You are starting to "see" less of my body as I am being covered by the quicksand that is quickly rising up my legs.

Remember the golf cart event from last week? Well, the estimates are in. First estimate? $1500. Second one? $1100. Good grief. Just what I need right now. It might as well be a million dollars at this point. Thankfully, heavy on the sarcasm here, the dude is willing to settle for a lessor amount. Between myself and the Josh's parents, I still have to fork out $600, but that is a lot better than $1500 out of my pocket.

Added on to this? I gave my landlord notice over the weekend. I am officially moving in with PB effective May 31st. Ummm, yeah. I am excited, but I am overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I need to get done in the next 6 weeks. Pack, find a storage unit, consolidate items (both at PB's house and mine) and clean my apartment. I HATE to move. Even though PB is only 2 miles away from me, the task is daunting......... packing/sorting/un-packing/organizing/what do I keep? What do I sell? Oi.

Organization is something that I sometimes struggle with. I have the best of intentions, really I do. At work, I know where everything is, where it goes and where the place I saw what I'm looking for. At home? Yeah, I try. Try being the key word in that sentence. I know where most of my important papers are. I keep the pantry and cupboards organized. But, I have this habit of dumping everything on the kitchen table when I walk in the door. bad, terrible, nasty habit. The good thing about moving in with PB? It forces me to deal with my crap the minute I walk in the door. He is a little on the OCD side...... which is a great motivator for me!

Wish me luck as I start to sort and pack my belongings..........

Outstanding is the word I am currently applying to Zumba. I l-o-v-e going.......... I work hard, sweat like a pig and feel great about myself when I'm done! A friend of mine introduced me to it a month or so ago and I am having so much fun! I wish I could go every day.......... I have lost 3 pounds already and I can see the difference. If you have not been, go and check it out! This is one of those classes where the more effort you put in to it, the better results you will see. But don't be intimidated! I am still learning some of the steps! http://www.zumba.com/about/

Comments

Popular Posts