~D~


 D is for Doodle.

My precious little girl. Who is slowly evolving in to a teenager, and for this I am not ready. Although, I don't think any parent is.

Why can't they stay little forever? Yeah, I say that now knowing full well I don't mean it......

When you were born, you had the perfect little rosebud of a mouth, chipmunk cheeks and just a dusting of hair across your head.

When you were 2 years old, you sat out in front of the house playing with your Barbies. And when they didn't do what you wanted them to do, you would bang their heads against the concrete yelling "shit, shit' shit".

When you were 3 and 4 you would put your hand on your hip, thrust your booty out to the side and smile. I loved your attitude but it was that little smile that could get me every time.

When you were 5 and you started school I couldn't believe we made it through potty training alive..........

When you were 7 and we sent you off to your first overnight camp you looked so tiny as I waved goodbye.


When you were 9 and so consumed with your art, your finger knitting and your friends.

Now you are 11, almost 12 and the teen years are slowly but surely creeping up on you.


I love you my sweet girl. You, who is never afraid to sing goofy camp songs at the top of your lungs; who is not afraid to wear funky hats in public; who is not afraid to hold mom's hand in the store; who is sweet to everyone; who is so creative and artistic; You, whose laugh is so contagious.

Doodle:

You are beautiful. I love you with all my heart, and I can not wait to see the strong, independent women you will become.

Comments

Saralee said…
Miss Chloe . . . you are the most awesome girl in my life! You are the best granddaughter a Nana could have!
I love you with all my heart and being! I am so glad that God chose YOU to be my granddaughter! He truly gave me the BEST!
Love YOU CHLOE girl!

Popular Posts