Historical Neptune Theatre. Oh yeah, and Richard Marx too

Friday night, after work, Jgurl, Pokey and I headed down to Seattle to go see the one and only Richard Marx.

Go ahead, make your jokes, point at me and laugh. Make references to me being stuck in the late '80's. I can take it.

Due to lovely Friday night traffic, it took us 1 hour and 15 minutes to travel 35 miles. Ugh. We parked a block away, and took our place in line.


This was my first time EVER being at the Neptune. I have lived in WA most of my life, and I had never stepped inside this landmark. One more thing checked off the bucket list.


Seats were General Admission, and the line was halfway around the building. I knew most seats in the house were good, but I figured we would be stuck in the back. Boy was I WRONG! We got seats 6 ROWS BACK! UHM, HELL YA!

There was no alcohol allowed on the main floor, so Jgurl and I had to slam back our drinks in the bar. As you can see, we took the challenge to heart.


Pokey was busy buying a signed copy of a Richard Marx cd set....... it looks more like she is kissing and fondling it, but whatever makes her happy.


The stage was set up with a microphone, stool, guitar, and piano. That's it. When he came out on stage, it was then I realized that this was an acoustic show.

And for the next 2 hours, Richard (we are on a first name basis now) regaled the audience with humorous stories, AWESOME singing, and witty comments.

His voice, and his songs, transported me back to yester-year and I was completely enthralled.


Pokey was such a love to invite me along, and I truly had a wonderful time! Well, except for the jackass in front of us who shushed us. Richard was talking about some song, and the story behind it, and Jgurl was asking Pokey and I a question. This fuddy duddy actually turns around and says "Come on girls, I am trying to hear what he is saying"........

Blood pressure rising. Cheeks flaming. Uhm first of all GRANDPA, I aint your girl. Never have been, never will be. This so reminded me of noodleroux's post last week......
Second, we are at a freaking concert. If you cant hear, maybe you should have replaced the batteries in your hearing aid BEFORE you came to a concert.
Third, if you want to hear the music with no interruptions, go HOME and listen to the cd.

Jgurl just looked at him, her jaw practically dropped to the floor, and all she could say was "WOW".

Other than that little disturbance, the concert was FANTASTIC! Richard did a duet, via video, with his 3 sons. Who are amazingly talented. They all sing AND play an instrument. Once I figure out how to share it with you, I will post it here.


Pokey and I posed for a picture, and then us girls headed out to where everybody eats late night. Where else but Denny's........

These two girls are a blast to hang out, and I laughed until my sides ached! What a great was to spend a Friday Night!

Comments

Popular Posts