~F~

~F~

is for Frogs

Pretty much since I was 14 years old, I have been a collector of all things frog. I can not pin down when, why or how this obsession started. All I know is, it happened.

I think some of it stems from being in love with this guy:


I mean seriously? What's not to love?

Anyway, this obsession slowly began to take over my life, my house, my car. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, was buying anything and everything froggy for me. I had stuffed animals, glass and ceramic figurines, clothing, jewelry, purses, key chains, movies. You name it, I probably had it.

To help feed this habit, my 2 good friends were also collectors of all things frog.

(Image from Google)

I don't know this girl, but if you take this collection and multiply it by 3, that would be a more accurate description of what I had.

As I got older, married with children and the whole nine yards, the pieces I was given for birthdays and Christmas got better and better. No more dollar store frog items for me. This was high quality shit.

One of the collections I treasure the most, is one my grandma started me on. For those of you familiar with Beatrix Potter (commonly known for Peter Rabbit), Royal Dalton made a collection of items all about Jeremy Fisher. Here is a piece I have:



 Now, these items are no longer being made. So, to find one is a true gift. I have 6 pieces now and I love them all.

When I was packing up my belongings to move out 2 years ago, I got rid of/donated/trashed a lot of my froggy collection. I decided it was time to let the past go, and donated all the good stuff in hopes of bringing someone else the joy it gave me for so long.

I kept only my most favorite possessions, and of course the irreplaceable Beatrix Potter collection, and actually felt quite content with that. I will forever hold in my memory bank the thrill I got out of finding a new froggy item, or the joy that lit up my face when receiving a new froggy gift.

But alas, all good things must come to an end. AND, I have found something that much better suits my personality.

Comments

Popular Posts