I'm sorry, you are who again?

Weekend was full of girl scout site sales: Doodle had me all over town to stand outside different stores to sell cookies. Man I hate cookie season.......... 2 more weeks. Then I am going to need a vacation!!!!

Yesterday, on my way back from a site sale I got a call from a restricted number. I saw it was restricted so I did not answer. When it called right back I took a chance and answered the phone:

"Hello?"

"Yes, is this (me)?"

"Yes it is?"

"This is Officer (xyz) from the Mtown police. We have your son with us here."

"Oh. my god. What happened?"

"Well, he was pretending to throw rocks at cars on 100th street and one of the cars fishtailed and almost caused a 3 car pile up."

"Is everyone ok?"

"Yes ma'am. We are holding your son here at the scene and we need you to come and pick him up. He is not in any legal trouble."

"I will be there in less than 10 minutes."

As I speed down the road, praying that any other office in Mtown does not pull me over, I am seething. I pull to a screeching halt outside the fire station, right next to where the "crime" was committed and hop out of the car.

"Lil C, do you know what would have happened if those cars would have gotten in to an accident? Your dad and I would be liable for the damages since you are a minor! What were you thinking? Get your ASS in the car now!" (The last part came out like a female lion) I then turn to the officers to make sure there is nothing else that needs to be done. They looked back at Lil C with a sympathetic glance, wondering how this much volume could come out of all 5 feet of me.

Lil C was hyperventilating in the car because he was scared first that he would get arrested, second that I would kill him. Literally.

I don't know what happened to my sweet boy, but I may be willing to trade him in for a younger one that doesnt talk yet. The kid is so lucky to be alive, and luckier still that he went home with me last night, and not HEE HAW.

He is grounded for the rest of his natural born life, I have taken away his phone, d.s., computer and tv. AND all trust is gone. Who knows if he will EVER earn it back.

Comments

Crazy Mom of 2! said…
Oh my goodness, I do NOT look forward to the day my son gets older than he already is... You go momma lioness! :)
Becky Brown said…
He's lucky to have you as his mom. He's testing boundaries and some parents would chalk it up to being a teenager, or a boy, or whatever. You're giving him a gift by not letting him get away with it, by communicating very clearly what is allowable and what most certainly is not.

And as a fellow 5-footer? I am so proud of you for all that sound coming from a small frame. We're pretty scary when we need to be, huh? :)

Popular Posts