Update from the sick bay

I know you will all enjoy these as much as I did:

Friday: Got a call from Lil C Friday night wanting to know if he could be un-grounded for the weekend. I asked him why he was calling me about this, did he talk to his father? His father TOLD him to call me. I told Lil C that "No, I don't think you should be ungrounded and NO I don't think you should be rewarded for bad behavior." Well that went nowhere. Saturday he was un-grounded at HEE HAW's house, had a friend over to spend the night and I am sure got full use of all electronics, minus the phone which was still at my house.

Saturday: After having a few drinks with the girls on Friday night, because I WAS feeling better, woke up on Saturday feeling like I had been drug through the mud again. It was a beautiful day outside and all I wanted to do was sleep the entire day! Doodle had a double header basketball game. They did not win, but she got a basket or two and kept playing even after another girl punched her in the arm. Needless to say I was not happy about it. Also got cornered at the game by HEE HAW spouting more loveliness out of his mouth........ this time I chose not to let it affect me. He is the one who will come out looking like an idiot and there is nothing I can do, or will do, to stop that.

CHB, her hubby and I were all kid free for the night so we went to dinner. CHB and I were both sick so after dinner we came back and watched "Everybody's Fine" with Robert DeNiro and Drew Barrymore. I liked it, cute and comical although at times a little slow moving. Definately a "lazy Sunday" type of movie.

Sunday: CHB and I packed in and packed out cookies in between trying to vegetate on the couch for 90% of the day.

Monday: Back at work. Not feeling any better and the boss sent me home. Stood for 2 hours outside the grocery store with Doodle to sell more cookies. This is the LAST week. I think I get sick this time every year, or at least it feels like that.

Tuesday: Lil C recevied a call from his father this morning and I answered the phone. He is still grounded at my house from his phone. HEE HAW was questioning why Lil C was still not allowed use of his phone. Huh, I don't know. Could be the POLICE called me about OUR son!

As a friend of mine recently said on her Facebook page: "The train is leaving Fluville and heading towards Recovery City". Well, I would like to book my seat on the Express Train out of here but alas, Fluville and I are becoming life long friends. Fluville seems to have booked an extended stay in my body and likes it so much, isn't planning on leaving anytime soon.

Comments

Becky Brown said…
Ugh. I hope your week has improved, you're feeling better, and you have a relaxing weekend in store!

Popular Posts