March 9, 2010

Update from the sick bay

I know you will all enjoy these as much as I did:

Friday: Got a call from Lil C Friday night wanting to know if he could be un-grounded for the weekend. I asked him why he was calling me about this, did he talk to his father? His father TOLD him to call me. I told Lil C that "No, I don't think you should be ungrounded and NO I don't think you should be rewarded for bad behavior." Well that went nowhere. Saturday he was un-grounded at HEE HAW's house, had a friend over to spend the night and I am sure got full use of all electronics, minus the phone which was still at my house.

Saturday: After having a few drinks with the girls on Friday night, because I WAS feeling better, woke up on Saturday feeling like I had been drug through the mud again. It was a beautiful day outside and all I wanted to do was sleep the entire day! Doodle had a double header basketball game. They did not win, but she got a basket or two and kept playing even after another girl punched her in the arm. Needless to say I was not happy about it. Also got cornered at the game by HEE HAW spouting more loveliness out of his mouth........ this time I chose not to let it affect me. He is the one who will come out looking like an idiot and there is nothing I can do, or will do, to stop that.

CHB, her hubby and I were all kid free for the night so we went to dinner. CHB and I were both sick so after dinner we came back and watched "Everybody's Fine" with Robert DeNiro and Drew Barrymore. I liked it, cute and comical although at times a little slow moving. Definately a "lazy Sunday" type of movie.

Sunday: CHB and I packed in and packed out cookies in between trying to vegetate on the couch for 90% of the day.

Monday: Back at work. Not feeling any better and the boss sent me home. Stood for 2 hours outside the grocery store with Doodle to sell more cookies. This is the LAST week. I think I get sick this time every year, or at least it feels like that.

Tuesday: Lil C recevied a call from his father this morning and I answered the phone. He is still grounded at my house from his phone. HEE HAW was questioning why Lil C was still not allowed use of his phone. Huh, I don't know. Could be the POLICE called me about OUR son!

As a friend of mine recently said on her Facebook page: "The train is leaving Fluville and heading towards Recovery City". Well, I would like to book my seat on the Express Train out of here but alas, Fluville and I are becoming life long friends. Fluville seems to have booked an extended stay in my body and likes it so much, isn't planning on leaving anytime soon.

1 comment:

Cha Cha said...

Ugh. I hope your week has improved, you're feeling better, and you have a relaxing weekend in store!