Bridging Part Two

So of course it went fine! What did you think I was going to say? That I tripped on my way to the stage, fell down with my butt in the air, tried to walk gracefully to the podium where I proceeded to stutter and not be able to give my speech at all? Shows how much you know!

Now, hindsight being the 20/20 that it is, I thought of about 20 more things I should have said but in the end all is well that ends well! Thanks for all the "well wishers" who offered to throw tomatoes at me, bring the cowbell or the bull horn to show their support. You never cease to amaze me. Here is a copy of the speech:

***After a welcome, my name and what we were here for:
I often wonder how much each girls family, friends, classmates or teachers know how much time and effort these girls put in to be standing here today. Whether at the Daisy or Cadettes and Senior level, these fine ladies have made the commitment to better their community, be a sister to every Girl Scout and become the leaders of tomorrow. So let us take a moment to recognize them and applaud all the hard work they have done.

Now a huge thank you to the leaders of these girls. Who give of their time, energy and effort to support the girls in their troop. These women guide and nurture the girls, and without them, most of the requirements that needed to be met in order to be here today would not happen. Meeting planning, budget crunching, patch ordering, camp organizing and so much more. Most of these women also hold a service unit team position, not to mention have families of their own. SO thank you, for all that you do and what you represent.

As each girl crosses the bridge and is met by a sister scout, she is committing to another year to be her best. To another year of leadership, another year of cultivating relationships in the community where she lives. I am looking forward to watching these girls and what they can do. As leaders, we are given the opportunity to inspire these girls to lead with courage confidence and character. I find more often than not, they inspire and amaze me by showing everyone that there is nothing they cannot do!

***** A closing and a passing of the torch to the gal in charge and I was done!

Comments

Amber said…
Well done Jo! I love your speech. Congrats to all of you!

Oh, and I just love your blog!

Popular Posts