Superbowl Sunday

Confession: I am not a huge fan of the Superbowl Sunday party. Yes, I enjoy the commercials, and usually the halftime show. I haven't even watched the Superbowl in 3 years.... that ought to say something!

Anyway, PB wanted to have some people over, so I said why not? Hmmmm. Several trips to the grocery store and many, many pounds of meat later? I remembered why I don't much care for a Superbowl party! My shins, my feet and my back ache. That would be because I think I only managed to sit for about 15 minutes from the time I got up Sunday morning until 7:45pm!

Now, to give PB his due. He was on his feet as much as I was AND he did 80% of the clean-up while I sat on my tooshie with a ginormous glass of wine and watched GLEE. Good times!

Here is the yummy food:

Caramel and Pecan dipped marshmallows

Chocolate dipped marshmallows, or as I liked to refer to them: Chocolate Soldiers! (These went fast!)

PB's terriyaki wings........ YUM. In the background? Large crock pot filled with all the meatballs we made from SCRATCH the night before and rolled by hand. Whew.

Smoked Provolone, Dill infused Havarti, Jarlsberg, Ski Queen Cheese and Smoked Cheddar. God I love cheese.

 Pigs in a blanket, and my bread tower in the background filled with yummy chicken and onion dip.

Not pictured? The amazing smoked flank steak PB cooked. It had marinated ALL night long. It seriously melted on your tongue.

PB and I, although trying to get a picture with him where he was actually paying attention to the camera? Like pulling teeth.


PB, Donnie and Joe. The 3 Moose-keteers. Enough said.

Had a good time! The house was bursting at the seems with people, kids, NOISE, food. But I had a great time!

I thought the half time show was a little off..... not sure if that was the microphones or the B.E.P. Would have liked to see more of Usher, but what can I say? :)

Comments

Popular Posts