Why I do what I do, or something like that

I started this blog almost 2 years ago. I had been tossing around the idea for a long time, and finally decided to bite the bullet and try it.

My initial feeling was to just get my pictures out there, and to allow some of the family and friends to get updates on what we do.

In the last 2 years, the focus has changed somewhat. As the entire world knows, I went through a divorce. Cue sad music. Or in my case, sounds of applause from the peanut gallery. :)

I am an avid reader of other people's blogs. Some on decorating, some cooking ones, some are just people like me. No special talent in this world, just a willingness to share every day life with whoever chooses to read it.

So you ask yourself, where am I going with this? Ok, I will tell you.

I read a blog yesterday that totally got my panties in a bunch. No names or finger pointing here, but this particular blog I have been following for over a year. I enjoy reading about her life and her decorating tips and ideas. Well, she was "guest posting" on another blog and was sharing info about blogging and how to gain followers, etc.

Something she said though completely set me off:

"And finally, my advice to bloggers... KEEP IT POSITIVE! Sure there are things every now and then that we can rant about on our blogs but really no one wants to read how depressed you are, or how awful your husband is, how bad your finances are, etc. every time they visit your blog. I think you can keep it real without unloading everything on your readers. I think most of us come to blogs to inspire us not depress us!"

Really?

If I was worried about THAT I wouldn't even bother to blog. This here little slice of the Internet I call my own is my ONE place where the LAST thing I have to worry about is what OTHER people think, want to hear, or care about. Now, I don't personally know this blogger, but I felt like I had been sucker punched when I read that.

Want my advice for blogging? This may quite possible be the best you have ever read. Wait for it.......

If you don't like what I have to say, if you don't want to see what I post, or you just plain don't agree with me? DON'T READ IT. It's as simple as that.

I prefer to keep it real. If this is what my life looks like today then guess what? That's what you are going to see. Why should I feel the need to be p.c.? To make you happy? I don't think so. You can go right ahead and keep your positivity, thanks anyway.

Until next time blog world. I will be HERE keeping it real, living in the moment, and saying whatever I damn well please. That's all for now.

Comments

Crazy Mom of 2! said…
I've had to deal with this first hand as well and it's always pissed me off to no avail... I'm not always the most upbeat, positive person... I to keep it real and I get a lot of crap from people... but I to like you have decided that I don't care. If you don't like it don't read it. I like reading yours, you keep it real and that's wha life is real! :)
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelli Stevens said…
Joooooo! I always forget you have a blog. Yeah, I say go nuts. Say whatever you want, baby!

Popular Posts