I think I can, I think I can.......

When little girl plays soccer, she is usually a defender or a wing. She is not the fastest but has the determination all the players do. So yesterday, after still being tired from Great Wolf, she is out there plugging away at wing.

Unbeknownst to me, she asks the coach to put her in at forward so she can score a goal. She never ceases to amaze me. Here she is asking for something that she wants. Where did she get this from? Anyway, our soccer season is almost over and she is one of maybe 4 girls that don't have a goal under their belt for spring soccer.

Coach agrees and lets her in. She transforms on the field. I am not kidding. She looks like she could eat these girls for breakfast! She is quick, with fancy footwork and is determined to get that circle of black and white in to the goal.

Now here is the part I would love to say: "GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL" however it was not in the cards. She was so close, even had a great kick but the goalie deflected it. Ah well, another game.

At the same time that we are celebrating her growth in skills, the coach lets us know that his daughter has been accepted to a select team and has agreed to play with them in the fall, so he will not be our coach anymore. This is sad news. He is so good with them. I wish his daughter the best of luck this fall and hope to be able to have him back as our coach one day.

Comments

Popular Posts