Easter 2012: Just the food

Remember the braided bread ring from a few years ago? HERE is your refresher......

Well, this year, CHB did some research online and found that the cook time was cut in half for most people and the bread turned out delicious! So, of course, being the glutton for punishment I am, I decided to try this bread making thing again. The day before Easter, I frantically start working on all of my baked goods. Here she is in all her glory:

The bread was soft, the flavor was wonderful! We didn't eat the eggs though.

I also saw these marshmallow kabobs and knew I had to make them! The idea was from "Toys in the Dryer". Want to make them? Instructions HERE. (gotta give credit where credit is due!)

Marshmallows, food coloring, kabob sticks

Cute little dishes of colored sugar.... isn't that just visually appealing?

Doodle did the dipping honors, while I shoved the completed ones on the kabob sticks.

Yum! Sugar on a stick! I then bagged each one in cute little Easter bags for all the kids.

Cute sugar bouquet!

I also made cheesecake cupcakes. Vanilla wafer crust, cheesecake filling, topped with green coconut and Jelly Belly jelly beans.



Mmmmm!

We ate a wonderful diner at PB's mom's house. Ham, green beans, scalloped potatoes, peas salad, and lots of other goodies. It was a nice and relaxing day!

Comments

Popular Posts