Craigslist

So, as before mentioned, there were pictures taken of my "big items" to be listed on Craigslist.

Not sure how many of you are familiar with this process. I have purchased some AWESOME pieces for my home from this very place.

Oh the adventures CHB and I have been on to gather these items!

Back to me............

CHB helped me list all the items I wanted to sell. She uploaded the pictures, put in great descriptions and the price and off in to cyber space it went.

The first 30 minutes my listings were up my phone BLEW UP. No joke.

As mostly a buyer before, I had little to no experience being a seller. HOWEVER, I have come up with some do's and don't's that I think are important:

1. If you are the purchaser, call when you say you are going to call. Seriously. It's a nice courtesy.

2. If you are the seller, keep clear concise records, either email or notepad, of who you have for each item. It can get confusing REALLY fast!

3. I meet people around the corner from my house and have them follow me. That way they don't have my actual address. It's a safety thing you know? Unless you can describe your house without giving them the number.........

4. Ask for cash. Upon delivery. Seriously the shit some people try to pull! I always bring cash as a buyer.

5. When you are listing your items, if you are dead serious about your price, put FIRM on the listing. Then people know you are not going to take less.

6. If you are the buyer, come with the correct amount of cash. Do us sellers look like an ATM? Yah, I don't think so.

7. Take great pictures, and list dimensions of each item. Also, if there are any rips, stains, or tears, be honest. It will save you the trouble of having someone come to purchase your item, only to see it in person and because there is a flaw end up not taking it.

Hopefully this will help you in your future Craigslist adventures!

Comments

Popular Posts