Reality Check

Today, a friend of mine posted this on her facebook wall:
 
I was intrigued as to what it had t say, so I read it.
 
And immediately started crying. At my desk. At WORK. Awesome.
 
This was so MUCH MORE than the original post. It was all the comments that came in to the writer, John Scalzi, in response to his post.
 
It took me back to how I felt about "being poor" after I got divorced. Talk about first world problems. It was nothing compared to what some people endure. Sure, I went without a lot. But my kids had a roof over their heads, food in their tummies, and a safe place to be.
 
This post made me realize, I am so fortunate for the things I have. I am thankful for my good health, and the good health of my children.
 
Let me NEVER take for granted what I am able to provide to my kids. For it is so much more than others are able to do.
 
Be grateful for what you have. And if you have the good fortune to be able to, PAY IT FORWARD. Without strings or judgement attached.

Comments

Popular Posts