Mid week fun, just us girls.

Wednesday night. Doodle and I. GirlzTime.
 
Let me start from the beginning.
 
In May, I got tickets for MM and I to see a band at a local venue. Unfortunately with MM having to go out of country, he was not able to attend with me. So, I asked Doodle if she wanted to go and she said YES!
 
She was so excited, and as the day got closer and closer she had a countdown on her Facebook timeline. Months before the show she had purchased all their music and was jamming out to it all the time.  
 
So here it is, 445pm in the afternoon. We make our way from Mtown to Seattle. We knew we would hit traffic around the University district, so we had made a plan. Stop and get something to eat, and wait for traffic to go away.
 
It was only 530pm, so we decided to hit one of our favorite novelty shops first. 
 
Stop One: 
 
It is SERIOUSLY awesome!  
 
 
We browsed through the store, got some more mustache trinkets to add to our ever growing collection.
 
Stop Two:
A couple of blocks, down the hill to Dick's.
 
 A Seattle institution. Since the closest one to our house is still about 30 minutes away, we don't get there very often so we imbibe when we can.

 
After our burgers, fries and shakes, we got back in the car to drive the rest of the way. Found our location, saw the line that was snaking around the building.
 
Stop Three:
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
 
We were disappointed that the assembly line was not running, but we enjoyed the 80's music with our maple bars.

 
We park around the corner, make our way to the front of the building and get inside.
 
Final Destination:
 
 
Standing in line, and then again inside, made me feel VERY old. This was an all ages show, and I would guess that 90% of the crowd was between 18-21 years old.
 
We get in line for t-shirts. Doodle spots a friend from school, who we beg to snap a picture of us, then we snag our swag and get ready to watch the show.

 
Here is Doodle modeling her WTM tshirt. I got one for MM too, since he couldn't be there.


Two opening bands....
 
The first one was ok. They wouldn't let cameras in for this show (well at least not my kind, that has a detachable lens, so we had cell phone cameras to work with) so we got a pic of them but it was super blurry.
 
Next band was the Mowgli's. They were great! Sounded just as good live as they do on their cd.

 
Then after a 35 minute wait, out comes Walk the Moon!
 
If you have yet to discover their super awesomeness, you can check them out here:
 
 
Awesome right?????
 
UHM, TOTALLY WORTH the wait! They were awesome sauce! Such great energy and so appreciative of their fans!
 
 
 
Doodle is now 2 or maybe even 3 inches taller than me, she snapped most of the pics and what you see are the best ones.
When the show finally ended, about 1130 at night, Doodle and I were tired, had ringing ears, and grins across our faces! SO much fun with my girl! And she totally enjoyed herself!
 
If you want to see some pics from the official Flicker page from the Showbox, see THESE
 
I opted for the buttons instead of a tshirt. Besides, I wanted the one Doodle picked out LOL! Didn't want to have the same one.

 
We had such a GREAT time, but I will remember a few things for our next show there:
Dress in the most comfortable shoes I own (since its standing room only)
 
If I come with someone over the age of 21, I will totes get a table in the back at the bar and sit there during the show. Being only 5 feet tall meant a lot of craning my neck to see over the people in front of me. Which resulted in a sore neck for 2 days. Maybe I am getting old.....
 
Don't bring a coat. It gets hot as hell in that place. Doodle and I watched a young gal faint in front of us, and this big burly security guard picked her up like she weighed all of 2 pounds and hauled her off.
Keep an eye out for the drunk parents. Do NOT make conversation with them. They want to be your "friend". Ugh
People in Seatown have a WAY different idea of personal hygiene then I do. Note to self: put some good 'ole Mentholatum inside my nose. Then I wont smell the B.O.
 
Concert tickets $58.90
Trinkets at Archie's $18
Dinner at Dicks $11
Krispy Kreme's $4
A super awesome time with my girl? PRICELESS
 

Comments

Popular Posts