Top 5

You have one. I have one. Your best friend has one.

That list. The one that stays in the back of your head. And it comes to the fore front of your mind when the days gets longer, the weather gets warmer, and the kids get out of school.

Yep. the Summer To Do List, or the Top 5 Must Do Summer Activities.

Here is my Top 5. The things I absolutely MUST do every summer, in order for it to feel like a summer.

1. CAMP: With my kids, with my people. In the woods, by the ocean, it needs to happen. 3 or more days of roasting marshmallows by the campfire, late night spicy beverages, yummy camp food in the paella pan and fiesta camp fashion. Good times.

2. BACKYARD BBQ: There is nothing like actually being able to sit outside, around the bbq or fire pit, with your people, enjoying the longer days. Just talking, laughing and poking fun with each other. Letting the kids run around and play, outside, not inside glued to the tv. Whether it was a planned bbq, or impromptu, both are equally enjoyable!

3. FERRY RIDES: Summer time around my state is a wonderful time to take a ferry ride. We really do have the best of both worlds here. Mountains, water, evergreen trees and once in a while a blue sky!

4. CONCERTS: I try VERY hard to get to at least one a year. The summer is the best time to go to one, for several reasons. Cold beer, sunny days and great music? Who could ask for a better combination?

5. BEACH: At least one or trips to the water every year is in order. Sand in all the places where sand should not be........... awesome. Sunburns, kite flying, sandy cheeks, windblown hair, good food and great conversation.

So, I have given you my top 5. What's on your summer to do list?

Comments

Popular Posts