Resolutions, Organization and De-cluttering

Everybody makes a New Years Resolution. Now, whether or not we follow through on them is a WHOLE different thing. Last year, here were my 2010 resolutions. I followed through with all of them except one; the number 1 thing on my list......

Hence, the same resolution is in place this year, although I am taking aversion to the word resolution. Defined as:

res·o·lu·tion 

–noun
1. a formal expression of opinion or intention made, usually after voting, by a formal organization, a legislature, a club, or other group. Compare concurrent resolution, joint resolution.
2. a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.
3. the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc.
4. the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose.

So, in place of the word resolution, I am going to use intent.

-noun

1. something that is intended; purpose; design; intention: The original intent of the committee was to raise funds.
2. the act or fact of intending, as to do something:
3. Law . the state of a person's mind that directs his or her actions toward a specific object.
4. meaning or significance.

I like this MUCH better.

So here is my INTENT: De-clutter my house. Why must I hold on to stuff I do not use? Is there a reason why I can't get rid of the paper/bills/junk mail/school stuff as soon as it comes in the front door? I can certainly do better.

This task is daunting. I have an entire book shelf of papers I need to get rid of........ but I know I will feel a TON better once it is done.

Next on the list will be to clean out the closets in my house. I have a lot of storage in my place, and I swear I have it filled to the gills with crap. I don't need all this stuff, I just get lazy and don't recycle/pass along or throw away this stuff.

So, every weekend for the next month, I am going to tackle these projects. I don't need all this stuff. I might put my shredder in to overdrive, my car may groan under the weight of items I will be hauling to the Goodwill and my shoulders and back may protest; but I know, as soon as I'm done? I'm going to feel lighter and my house is going to look amazing!

I promise to take before and after pictures. Because really? Who doesn't want to see the inside of my closets?

Comments

Crazy Mom of 2! said…
Hey I think that is an awesome idea and I may copy you... declutter my over cluttered closets! :) Can't wait to hear how it all goes!

Popular Posts