Introducing........... the newest band members!

Doodle and PIA had their very 1st band concert last week! They are both in band this year, and have chosen the clarinet as their instrument of choice!

The dress code called for white top, and khaki pants. Personally one of my LEAST favorite color combinations in the world. If that wasn't bad enough, the kids were told by the band teacher to TUCK IN the shirt....... O.M.G. Are you kidding me????

They were allowed to wear a festive hat and/or holiday bling to dress up the ensemble. Doodle and PIA were very nervous for their first concert........

PIA working off some of her excess nervous energy.........


Doodle in her seat before the concert began



Doodle and PIA. Aren't they cute???



Blowing out those sweet notes



Concentrating on the music



I will be the first to admit I was excited for Doodle to be in her first ever band concert, however I was not excited for the potential ear bleeding that I was sure was about to commence. I was pleasantly surprised when the concert was actually a delight to watch and listen to!

For every kid in beginning band, the level of experience was less than 3 months! They played a couple of songs before the 2nd and 3rd year bands took over and I was very impressed!!!

I am sure the Spring concert will be EVEN BETTER.......

Comments

Saralee said…
Great pics!! Looks like a fun evening!

Popular Posts