Open Mouth, Insert Foot

We have ALL done it.
 
Misunderstood, misinterpreted, misread a situation/comment/discussion.
 
I say this like it NEVER happens to me. Well, it almost NEVER does...... and if you believe that, I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale.
 
Unfortunately, my emotions get the better of me.
 
I hear something I don't agree with, don't like, don't WANT to hear and my brain ceases to function at full capacity.
 
Ive always been run by emotion. I wear my heart on my sleeve. For the life of me I can NOT hide how I feel. Not for all the tea in China, not for the winning Lottery numbers...... it runs across my face in neon flashing lights. Like a Jumbo tron announcing each emotion, like a play by play, as soon as I feel it. 
 
You would think at the ripe old age of 35, I would have taken the time to figure out how to control this.
 
Nope. Still a work in progress.
 
What is even MORE frustrating? After the fact, I know that I let the situation get the better of me, when it didn't NEED to.
 
Usually I end up feeling slightly embarrassed because it has resulted in, 9 times out of 10, an over reaction on my part.
 
Please, Dear Readers, any advice? Other than to duck tape my mouth shut? What do YOU do when this happens to you? Or you can SEE it coming?

Comments

Popular Posts