7th Annual Cookie Exchange

Every year, the ladies from the hood host a cookie and ornament exchange. As it has grown over the last several years, so has the amount of cookies you have to bring! It started out with 5 dozen and this year graduated to 8-10 dozen cookies!!!
Don't they look wonderful?
First we eat! Everyone brings a dish to share and we sit around and gab. Then comes the highly competitive ornament exchange. After you draw your number the "stealing and swapping" commence! Here is the beauty I got to take home this year:

Mind you, this ornament was opened by the 5th pic and I called it as soon as I saw it. Had to have it, coveted it in fact! I made it known to all attendees that this ornament was MINE. Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine.......... (seen Finding Nemo?) :)

After we have stuffed ourselves silly and everyone has an ornament, you grab your container and circle the tables to fill up with those yummy cookies! It is a lot of fun, and even though I am not a baker (visual of my cursing and wondering why I do this every year) in the end it is all worth it!


Here are some shots from the crowd:

Good time was had by all. Ate 1/2 the cookies I brought home, froze the other 1/2 so my mom can try them when she comes.

Comments

Popular Posts