September

What do these things have in common?
Soccer practice
Sunsets before 8:00 pm
Cool nights
Rain in the forecast
Warmer coats, scarves, gloves
A~N~D

School supplies?


You guessed it! September is here! I really enjoy Fall. Nothing can beat a sunny day, with crisp, cool air and a hot cider/hot chocolate/chai tea in hand. I like to curl up on the sofa on a Sunday with a good book under a warm blanket and relax.


It also makes me think of one of my favorite movies: You've Got Mail. If you like the movie, you know this quote: "Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address." Who says that? Probably the same people who don't have kids and have not spent the last 2 weeks looking all over creation for those very same pencils. The school is VERY particular about what kind they want.
Anyway, I look forward to the leaves changing colors, the annual visit to the pumpkin patch, the soccer games that will go from sunny days to a rainy mess, I will enjoy these last days of sun.

Comments

Saralee said…
One of my favorite movies! Think I'll watch it again this weekend!
Have a great 4 days off!

Popular Posts