Nov 2014

I dont even know where October went, let alone November. Gah.
 
I have been busy. Kids, work, holidays, adventuring, and of course drinking WINE!
 
NiceGuy and I have been taking advantage of our warmer than normal fall. October brought us to a sausage festival, a photo scavenger hunt around Mtown with good friends, a beer crawl for Oktoberfest through Leavenworth, and ended with watching the Rocky Horror Picture show on Halloween.
 
November has been just as busy! It started out with a visit to the Super Special Lady Parts Doctor. I had to make an appointment 3 weeks in advance, take the morning off work, shave from my toes up to my eye balls (damn near) and grab Moxie to ride in the carpool lane with me on the way there. About 40 miles from my house.
 
Now, I have been to see this "special" doctor once before. He is in his 60's, is of European decent, and is a very nice man. Since this was my second rodeo in the chair, I knew what to expect. Here is what greeted me upon arrival:
 
 
Now TELL me you are not jealous. Go ahead. You know you want those GI-FUCKING-NORMOUS cotton swabs stuck up your twat. I know you do.
 
I got all settled in the chair. Feet in stirrups. Ass at the end of the bench. Moxie in the room with me as we made inappropriate jokes. Cause that's how I roll.
 
Because I needed my outfit to be functional and cute (had to go to work right after my appointment) I opted for my jean dress, which can unbutton all the way up the front, and a pair of boots. So, since it was easiest, I slipped the paper thin sheet over my lap, hiked my dress up around my hips, and left my boots on. This is the scene the doctor walked in on: Moxie taking my picture, with my boots in the stirrups, giggling like a bunch of school girls.
 
 
He said something along the lines of that being a "first" and it just went down hill from there. I told the very nice Doc that I had been in a rush that morning, otherwise I would have drawn a smiley face for him above my two lips so he would have something nice to look at....... Oh the expression on his face was priceless! I think the nurse who was assisting sad this was the most she had laughed in one of these appointments, so points for me and my gutter humor.
 
Anyways, everything is all good with my lady biz. If all goes well, the good doctor and I will only have to see each other one more time. A year from now.
 
Over the next few weekends, Niceguy and I went on day trips around the area. I like to call them the Double J Adventures. Both of our names start with the letter J.
 
We did Whidbey Island, stopping first at Deception Pass for a photo op, and then on to stroll through the cute little town of Coupeville. I got a new button for my button board, and we stopped in the lavender shop. Man that place smelled good!!
 
The following weekend we headed to Seattle with Doodle and her friend Miguel. First stop? The Fremont Troll! Neither Niceguy or Miguel had ever been there before. Found a new sock shop along the way (totally awesome), had a short but sweet visit to the Pike Place Market, before taking NiceGuy and Miguel to the Chihuly Glass Museum. Doodle and I had been there once before a few summers ago.
 
As we made our way through the exhibit, both inside and outside, looking at the beautiful sculptures, I was making my way towards the gift shop,  when who do I see to my left? None other than Dale Chihuly! Less than THREE FEET from me! I didn't say anything, even though I wanted to........ I happened to look down at his shoes as he walked by. They were SO COOL! All black and splattered with a bunch of different colors of bright paint. TOTAL highlight of my day!
 
 
Niceguy and I (well really, just me) made list after list for the turkey day meal. We were having a combined family Thanksgiving. At his house. Lots of people. I think my list was 4 pages long, finally condensed in to one FULL page shopping list.
 
As if that was not enough to shop or plan for, CHB came up with a great idea. Prepping and freezing crock pot meals. GENIUS! So, CHB, SS31 and I decided on the 8 recipes we liked the best (thank you Pinterest, you crack whore). CHB made the shopping list and we all showed up at SS31's house and got to work.
 
And we chopped. And chopped. And chopped. As seen below. How ELSE would you chop onions without crying? Thank goodness for SS31 having kids who use swim goggles........ I used SO much garlic, I swear I was smelled like garlic for the next 72 hours straight. And yes, I did shower. I scrubbed my hands, I lotion-ed. I washed and washed and washed. To no avail. Next time I am wearing gloves AND goggles.
 
 
Needless to say my freezer is PACKED!
 
 
So far I have tried 3 of the 8recipes we made. Some of the recipes I would totally make again. Others? Eh, not so much.
 
 
Thanksgiving week rolled around, and I got down to business. NiceGuy got the turkeys out Monday to thaw. Mom and Grandma came up on Tuesday. Wednesday I took the day off work and made my homemade Ginger Cranberry Sauce. Mom made her Maple Pecan Pumpkin Cheesecake.
 
Went to bed at a decent time so I could get up to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade while I put my sweet potatoes and stuffing in the crockpot to cook.
 
And had some candid moments in between. That I had to share.
 
Grandma and I (me being silly and totally lucking out on catching her goofy face as well)
Grandma and Doodle licking the spoons from a batch of Nordy Bars Doodle made for turkey day
The famed ficus tree Angus, decorated for FALL
Doodle making us laugh, using her sock as a puppet for an impromptu performance (that kid is nuts)
 
 
Turkey Day turned out really well.
 
18 people for dinner
(2) 14 pound turkeys (in roaster pans)
(1) 9lb ham (in baby roaster pan)
4 crockpots
2 bags of Costco rolls
8 bottles of wine (5 were consumed)
 
 
Not everything is on my plate, but doesn't it all look good? It sure tasted good!
 
This was probably the most relaxed I have been on a turkey day in Y.E.A.R.S. It was wonderful! NiceGuy did half the cooking. Since he hosted all of us, Moxie, my mom and I did the dishes. And we drank wine. And laughed. And everyone got along. That's a WIN in my book!
 

Maybe December will be a little more relaxing? Ah, who am I kidding? You know I will be burning the candle at both ends!

Comments

Popular Posts