Easter 2013

It really was an off day.
 
For the first time in years, I had nowhere to be. Nothing to cook, bake, prep or bring to a function.
 
CHB and her family usually host a big Easter dinner, with all of her extended family. Not this year. She is in Cali with her hubby and kids. For the past couple of years, if I didn't go to CHB's gathering, I went with PB to his folks house, where all of his family was together for the holiday.
 
Not this year. The chitlins were with HeeHaw this Easter. HH called Saturday to offer me some time with the kids, which I took.
 
The kiddos came to my house for 2 hours right after they got back from church. Since the sun was shining, and it was almost 70 degrees, a rarity for WA on Easter Sunday, we took pictures! Then we had a small lunch, they opened their Easter baskets, and we watched a terrible kids movie.
 
 
This gorgeous tree is outside my front door.......... It causes me great allergy symptoms but is so pretty to look at!
 
Nice, formal shot.
 
 And then what usually happens......

After the kids left, I hunkered down with a bottle of wine, some of my favorite movies, and held up the couch for the rest of the afternoon/evening.
 
Hope you all had a nice Easter.

Comments

Popular Posts