Rec Room: Take 2





Picking up from where we left off yesterday.......


In case you need a refresher (go HERE) this is what the throw pillows look like. Now, to be fair. They are not HORRIBLE. I just don't care for them. At all.




I had been on the lookout for throw pillows I liked that would go with these colors, or some kind of pillow cover. I knew finding the valance material (so I could make my own) would be crucial to this process.


I FINALLY found the fabric I liked! Hobby Lobby to the rescue!


Jgurl and I spent a total of 20 minutes putting this bad boy together late one night. I SUPER love it!



Don't mind the blinds in the bottom. The stupid cat decided to play with them while I was snapping this photo.


They are a smidgy longer than the old nasty colorless valance, but I like it that way!


About a month ago, I was at the Goodwill Outlet center. The story of that place is for another day, but I found this gem amongst the home goods.



Seeing as it was the perfect colors, I picked it up and took it home with me. Gave the cover a wash, shot the pillow up with some Lysol first, then some Febreeze and we were in business!


With a few more throw pillow covers, the rec room is finally complete! I am happy with the changes that I made!






With the previous totals, here is what the room cost me:
Spray Paint: $3.50
2 yards of fabric: $14.98
3 pillow covers: $15 (for all 3)
Gold and maroon pillow: $.49
Grand total: $33.97


Comments

Popular Posts