Fun in February 2015

Good grief. Its been over a month since I have been on here last and I really have no excuse as to why. Its certainly NOT for lack of something to say.

Here is what I have been up to this month:

1. Because of a post that circulated around Facebook on making different types of food in a waffle iron, I had to try my hand at it. Enter pre-made cinnamon rolls.


They were quite delicious this way! Perfect breakfast for Super Bowl Sunday!

 
NiceGuy and I watched the game in our lounge wear, stretched out on the couch, just he and I. And these awesome snacks.

 
2. The following weekend was the annual Mtown Father/Daughter Dance. Doodle picked out her dress, Miss Thang did her nails and make up and I did her hair.
 
Here she is all dressed up and ready to go.

 
3. NiceGuy planned out Valentines Day for us. We actually went the night before. I knew what dress I wanted to wear, I just wanted a new pair of heels. I found these........ And promptly took them off walking the hills in Downtown Seattle. These were not for me.

 
Which lead to my nails being painted this way by Miss Thang.

 
Complete outfit. Man being a girl sometimes is hard! It took Moxie and I 90 minutes to curl all this hair! NiceGuy and I went to Downtown Seattle, had dinner at Benihana, had drinks at the Rock Bottom Brewery, and went to the Triple Door for a burlesque show. I had the best time! Although he could have taken me to Denny's (in a pair of jeans) and I would have been just as happy.

 
4. Was treated like a queen the next morning. No coffee in bed for me on Valentine's Day.... nope. I got a French 75. Perfection!

 
2 of these bad boys later and I had to take a nap!

 
5. NiceGuy and I decorated my living room for V-day as I was hosting the annual hood kids dinner. Here they all are (minus one). Love these kids.

 
Moxie and I (she helped at the dinner too)

 
HOW made a cute cake for all the kids. It was delicious!

 
I tried a couple of new recipes this year (exploding soda was my favorite) and these:
Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies

 
Thanks to NiceGuy and Moxie's help, we hosted 10 kids for dinner. We had lasagna, garlic bread, salad, exploding soda, cake and cookies with sparkling cider, games (mad libs, Valentines word search, Pictionary, Apples to Apples) a photo booth and a dance party! Lots of fun!
 
6. We had another Double J Adventure..... this time to Pinnacle Lake. It was so quiet at the top my ears were ringing with the silence.


 
7. Went to see Fifty Shades of Grey with my gal pals. More on that later.
 
 
8. The boss lady was getting rid of her treadmill, so I took it! Its awesome to be back to running and to be able to do it while I watch tv is fantastic!!!

 
There is February in a nutshell.

Comments

Popular Posts