Holiday Crafts

When Lil C was about 8, he made this when he attended a Home Depot Kids Workshop:


Home Depot does a great job putting these workshops on! Seriously, these people are p-a-t-i-e-n-t with the kids! Here is what the website says:

FREE hands-on workshops designed for children ages 5 - 12 offered the 1st Saturday of every month at all The Home Depot stores between 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Workshops teach children do-it-yourself skills, tool safety and instill a sense of pride and accomplishment.
All kids get to keep their craft and receive a FREE Kids Workshop Apron, commemorative pin and certificate of achievement.

We used that little Snowman Napkin Holder for several years, until alas, it broke. I was very sad. Our little snowman used to sit proudly on the dinner table for all of December. The year it broke, I put him in the cupboard in the kitchen of things "to fix". Well, he sat there quite sadly for a couple of years. I didn't want to get rid of him, but I didn't know how to fix him.

When I separated from HeeHaw, I had completely forgot about that wooden Snowman. When I heard that the December Kids Workshop was to make this very project again, I cried out in delight!

It took NO arm twisting to get Doodle on board to making me one! She has completed several of these projects and proudly adds her pins to her day-glo Orange Vest.

So, 2 weeks ago, off we went at 9:30 in the morning to the Depot. Of course, I forgot Doodle's vest, and so did she.......... when we arrived, we saw a familiar face. CHB's grand-daughter was there making her own Snowman with her dad.

 Doodle working hard on getting the hat just right.


Bella getting ready to paint.

 Doodle and Bella painting their Snowman white.

And our completed Snowman Napkin Holder! Isn't he cute!

Here he is at home, all ready for napkins, and to spread holiday cheer.
 
For more info on these projects go to:
On the left hand side click on the upcoming workshops.

Comments

Popular Posts