From Drab to Fab........

I got bitten by the crafting bug once again............

PB was away 2 weekends ago for a golf tournament. The chitlins were with their dad. So, I had no kids, no man and the house to myself. Score for me!

I was bound and determined to get all my craft projects done while everyone was out from under foot..... Here was the master list:

Alter frame
Use twine and ampersand
Hang up sconces in front sitting room
Change the decorations by the front door
Fill frames with updated photos

Friday night Moxie and I hit the local Goodwill. Seriously one of my favorite all time stores! I hadn't started any of the craft projects yet, so I thought I would see if they had anything there that would tickle my craft funny bone. I found a great sign, and given some TLC, I knew it would look awesome with what I had in mind. Of course I also looked at the clothes and found a cute sweater and a pair of shoes I couldn't leave without!

Saturday morning dawned bright and I was fired up and ready to go. I laid all my supplies out on the counter and mapped out a plan of action:

I had a few of these laying around......... No, I didn't drink them ALL by myself! I had help! And, I have been saving these for a YEAR! That's right folks. 365 days!

 I found this beaut at where else? The Goodwill! Although the tag says $5.99, this particular day all Red tags were 50% off. Score!


 See the scratches on the top? I knew it wouldn't matter what condition the frame was in, so it was perfect for what I needed.


Yeah, I needed a few of these. Like 36 to be exact.


I got to work. I fired up the glue gun, and started laying out the corks in a random pattern. 3 hours, some choice swear words and a few glue gun burns later and I finally have it done.


I go straight over to the wall I want to hang it on to see what it will look like. And I am impressed! Now, it is still missing the pictures, the glass needs to be cleaned and the Goodwill sticker taken off.... but all things in good time.


I am excited to continue the craftiness that is pumping through my veins like liquid crack...........


A few more glue sticks, a roll of jute twine (purchased fore $1.64 at Wal-Mart) and a heavy does of patience lead me through this project. I have been seeing a lot of jute twine all over blog land, and Pinterest, and I love the way it looks.  So, I thought I would try it out. I found a movie on tv, Clueless (love!) and got to work.

It took me the entire time the movie was playing to get this ampersand wrapped in the twine, but it was so worth it! I was really happy with the end result. What do you think?


Here was the sign I found at the Goodwill. As you can see, there were some scratches on it. For $1.99 though, I knew I could fix it, and it would go with the cork frame. I had some silk flowers on hand in the scrapbook supplies and they were a great color. A few glue dots later, and we were in business.


It turned out great don't ya think?


I hung everything on the wall, just wanting to get the feel for how it would look. I still had some work to do on the frame, but I was pleased with the arrangement. I love that my window is in this display too! I have been carting that thing from house to house for the last few years........ cause I love it.

I finally got the frame cleaned, put the pictures in and removed the price tag. I am SUPER pleased with the end product!



And the wall, in all it's splendor, is complete! I love, love, love it!


When PB came home, he loved it too! Success! I also got the sconces hung in the front room, as well as changed out the decorations by the door and hung up a few more picture frames.


This wall was looking so plain with just the picture in the middle, so I added these sconces I found at Value Village about a month ago for $2.50 each.


These frames I have had for a while. I couldn't figure out where to put them when we moved in, and I finally found a place I like. The front room is really coming together!

All my supplies:

Frame: $2.99
Glue sticks: $2.88
Ampersand: $1.99
Jute Twine: $1.64
Sign: $1.99
Sconces: $5.00
Corks: free

Total: $16.49 for an awesome set of transformations!!!!!

Comments

Saralee said…
Awesomeness! Love your projects! Now I ant to know . . . Is Pj grabbing your ??? In that picture? LOL
Saralee said…
Left a comment but it disappeared! Or maybe it was to naughty! LOL

Popular Posts