American Idol

Season 9. is. here!!!! I have waited for MONTHS for this day!!!! Hi, my name is Banjo and I am addicted to American Idol, or as my friend and I call it, AI. I have watched all season's since this TV phenomenon's inception and I can't stop myself if I tried!
I like to see all the try outs, Hollywood week, and then as it gets in to competition. We hold weekly AI polls at work. Everyone watches on Tuesday night so that on Wednesday we can email our predictions, like who is in the bottom 3 and who is going home. It goes off a complicated point system, like if you call the winner 6 weeks before the close of competition, and the winner in the end buys the other gals lunch!
All this being said, I have to say that I am struggling this year without my quality Paula Abdul time. Even though she is "on" something most of the time and makes little to no sense, I really enjoyed her. It was hard enough last year to add Kara Dioguardi to the mix, and now that Paula is gone I feel a little different. Kara annoys me to death. I thought this at the end of the season 8 but over time the annoyance lessened. Well it is back in full force!!! I just wish I could mute her portion of the show.
I am super excited to see Ellen Degeneres on the show this year. She totally cracks me up and I think she will be great entertainment. All that being said, I heard a rumor that Simon is leaving the show in 2011 to focus on another project. So I ask myself: will I continue to watch it? will it even be the same as it is now? Whether you like/dislike Simon, he is usually correct in his opinions. Not always, but he is right more than he is wrong. He has been in the business enough to know.
The talent has definitely increased over the last 5 years. One of my favorite things is to see someone and "pre-judge" what their singing voice is like. Then they open their mouth and BAM! You are totally surprised by what you hear. That is the greatest thing. Needless to say I can't wait to see where this season takes us. Let's hope the tweeny boppers of America actually pick a winner this year who is going to not be forgotten by the next day.
So If you did not watch last night, here is my favorite moment of last nights show:

Comments

Saralee said…
I agree . . . my favorite moment too! Love that guy, "Larry!"
Becky Brown said…
You know, there's nothing like dropping all pretense and just wallowing in your love of a TV show that holds no real value. It's relaxing and brings you joy! Yahoo!

I've never been able to get really into AI. I feel like there's something wrong with me.
Amber said…
I felt the same way that first Tuesday night! I was so happy that AI started again I wanted to cry. Okay, now that I sound so pathetic and like an AI superfan I will shut up, except for one small phrase... PANTS ON THE GROUND!!!

Oh, and I actually like Kara and am thrilled that Paula is gone! =o) I can't wait to see Ellen! I LOVE her! In a totally, non-lesbian way. LOL

Popular Posts