January 20, 2017

I think I will remember this day for a VERY long time. Like people who remember where they were when Mt. St. Helens erupted, or how they felt when JFR was shot, or when a man first walked on the moon. Yeah, those are big events........... and that is how I feel about today.

The day Donald Trump was inaugurated as President of The United States.

I don't want to call this man MY president. I don't want to swallow my emotions about who I think this person is.

I am TIRED of people telling me to "get over it". I am just as entitled to my feelings as the person who voted for him. Thanks to the election and voting process, I am able to vote the way I want/believe/feel is best for ME. Not YOU.

I still feel like our nation is taking step in the wrong direction, and I don't care if you disagree with me. That is your right. I wont tell you that you are wrong.

I am having a hard time as a woman, as the parent of a daughter, as a member of the working force, getting behind this man. And the things he says.

So let me have my emotions. Stop telling me that I am just a feminist. Quit saying that I should be supporting this person.

That is all.

Comments

Popular Posts