What is summertime good for?

Outdoor concerts!


Living in the Pacific Northwest, we are never sure exactly what kind of weather we are going to get, so outdoor concerts are always iffy. You wear shorts, but bring pants, some type of coat and warm socks are tossed in just in case.
Well, a few weeks back, I had the chance to get tickets to Boyz II Men. Oh. My. Gawd.


I JUMPED on the chance! JGurl hooked me up, and man am I glad she did.


Boyz II Men was the soundtrack to my Freshman year of high school. (Here we go, headed down memory lane.........) I would fall asleep every night listening to those 4 men croon in to the HUGE headphones attached to my brand new Discman. Awesome right?


On a Friday night date night, I remember driving around in the crush of the month's car, blasting out the "II" cd, so loud and obnoxious through the neighborhood because he had HUGE subwolfers in the trunk.



"Hip Hop" was pretty tame in the early 90's, compared to today's standard. To me, it was more about having a great beat, and tight harmonies.


Any guesses on who opened for Boyz II Men?


Salt 'n Pepa and En Vogue! I swear both groups got BETTER with age. Harmonies were tight, they had great repor with the crowd and I just loved seeing them both. Here they are shaking their moves on stage! (All photos courtesy of Jgurl)

As we waited outside the venue for all the gurlz to show up, we saw this F-I-N-E specimen. If only we could have gotten a closer picture, I mean video. You had to see those puppies in action to appreciate their sheer volume. W.O.W.

People watching is BY FAR, one of my favorite pass times and the attendees of this concert did not disappoint! I saw track suits, matching short suits, a LOT of outlandish colors, several Fedora's and more booby and booty than I wanted to see. I WISH I had more pictures of that......

 
Salt 'N Peppa

En Vogue

As En Vogue was wrapping up their set, Moxie and I head over to the beer stand. And we proceed to stand in line for 35 minutes for an ice cold alcoholic beverage. When it was our turn, we ordered double, slammed them back and headed back to our seats.


Moxie and I

We BARELY make it back to our seats in time to see Boyz II Men come out on stage......

Man, worth the wait. They were awesome on stage and it sounded just like the "old days"......
Moxie, Myself and JGurl's friend Susan


The whole gang: Teri, Susan, Jgurl, Me, Moxie


What Boyz II Men concert would be complete without dancing to "I'll Make Love to You" with your partner? I had such a great time, and will absolutely go and see them again if they come back to our little corner of the world.

Comments

Popular Posts