Day 5: I Am Thankful

Day 5

I am Thankful: for a Home

We watched the Pursuit of Happyness last night.


Great, great movie.

Have you seen it? Most people I have.

I have sat down to watch it several times with no success......... I had seen all but the last 30 minutes of the movie.

Well, thanks to the migraine I had the other day, I got to watch it in it's entirety.

Powerful stuff. This is the type of movie you want to watch when you are having a pity party for yourself.

Seriously.

This scene alone makes me loose it every time.


I am thankful I am not Chris. Having to find an "inventive" place to stay for the night.

That my children have a warm bed, in a warm house, to sleep in every night.

That they don't have to share that space with someone else.

That they have a space to call their own.

That I, as their mom, don't have to sleep with one both eyes open because I don't feel safe enough to sleep.

There are a lot of people out there who don't have this luxury.

I have not had to experience that myself. Thank goodness.

I am not sure I could do it.

So, I will forever appreciate that roof over my head. That those 4 walls can keep me safe from the outside world.  
I will never take that for granted.

Comments

Popular Posts