Growing a little...... every day

Sometimes life has a way of knocking you down, just to make sure you don't get too big for your britches. Mother Earth, getting ready to storm out the front door, says "hold my earrings, bitch" while she tries to create havoc in your world.

But wait. There's a knock on the back door. Who could that be? Oh, yeah. All the clichés: "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger". "everything happens for a reason". "you can do this. you have been through worse".

I hate them. It makes other people feel like they are helping when they say them. Know what I want instead? To just wallow in it for a bit. Then, I will pull up my big girl panties and deal with that shit head on. Until then? I will drink too much wine, watch too much tv, and escape to some of my favorite books.

Comments

Popular Posts