Another year, another resolution

Not super sure where 2017 went. It always amazes me that I feel this way every January.

I didn't make any resolutions last year. Probably a good thing, since I don't have the best track record with following through with them. I think I will keep it simple stupid this year: I resolve to do more things that bring me joy. That shouldn't be too hard. Right?

I have several things I want to accomplish this year, however listing them all to the universe puts pressure on me to complete them, or offer proof. And I don't need to add additional anxiety to my life. I have enough, thank you.

As of today, I am still in the process of de-Christmasing my house. It takes me a while. 12 totes of decor, and 2 trees, typically takes me 3 days to set up, and 3 days to take down. This year I have the added bonus of organizing all the Halloween/Thanksgiving décor that I just threw (almost literally) in to the garage. Good times. Procrastinate much?

I am looking forward to getting my house back to where it is comfortable for the other 11 months of the year, but I am always sad to put away the Christmas things that I love. That I only get to see 31 days out of the year. I get such excitement every year taking out my totes and re-discovering the joy of my holiday décor.

My house always feels super clean after I put away the Christmas stuff. I swear I sleep really great on the night that it is all done. Says something right? Yeah, it says I need more décor (ha ha ha)!

Anyshways, Happy New Year Bitches.

Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts