Turkey Day 2009

Well, I made it. Just barely, but I got by with a little help from my friends. After the initial call from the children in the morning, then the mini meltdown, then the short but sweet visit from Doodle and Lil C, CHB and I finished prepping all ingredients for the stuffing and garlic mashed potatoes, both to go in the crock pot. We were up until 12:30 Thanksgiving Eve to bake all the desserts: CHB made a chocolate pie, Pumpkin Pie Bites and I made a Pumpkin Cheesecake.

One phone call to mom and grandma later, finally showered and packed up, we head to Dave and Sue's house, parental units for CHB. They were hosting the shindig this year. Dave did the turkey and Sue decorated the table.


No eating all day, plus several bottles of wine later made for one of the more relaxed Thanksgiving meals I have eaten in a long time! It also made for more tears than I have ever seen before as we all said what we were thankful for.


For me: I was thankful to have the best bunch of friends a girl could ever ask for. They lift me up, take me down a peg (when needed), and fill my heart with their warmth. I am thankful for their support and unconditional love. I am thankful for my children and for my health.


Hope you all had a wonderful meal, surrounded by those you love.

Comments

Popular Posts