And the Oscar goes to?

I have said it before, and I will say it again. Thank you to all my peeps and you know who you are. This past year has been the craziest, most emotionally draining ride I have ever been on. Without your love and support I am not sure where I would be, but I know it would not be as good as where I am.

ALL OF YOU:

Have picked me up when I was down
Wiped my tears
Carried my home when I had too much to drink
Helped me move and get settled again
Strengthened my back bone when needed
Commiserated, vented and listened to my endless stream of diarrhea of the mouth
Reeled me in when necessary
AND shoved me in the right direction

I am better because of you. Thank you seems so inadequate. Just know that I have your back if you ever need me. Know that I appreciate you more than words can express.

One of the most interesting parts of all of this is finding out who was just nice to your face because they had to be, and who really counted you as a friend. Mtown is, for all intents and purposes, a small town and word travels like wildfire. I knew several people in my community through my children and through the sports organizations they were a part of. I always knew in my marriage that I was the loud/vocal/more outgoing of the two but I never thought it would be "held" against me when our paths went separate ways.

Now, before you are start in on the "you don't need them crap" let me just say this: I know who my friends are. I surround myself with the best crew a girl could ask for. What is so frustrating about the whole situation is that these people are so narrow minded they cannot see the "light" in this instance.

Because I was so good at covering HEE HAW and what really went on behind the scenes, and because he was so good at putting up a front for the public, people automatically assumed it was my fault, and a year later still do.

Well, I have learned myself pretty well over these last 12 months and let me tell you this about that. The kind of people who take sides in all this are not people I need in my life. The kind of people who don't realize it takes TWO people to make a relationship work are deluding themselves. AND the kind of people who jump ship based on what THEY THINK happened are not people I want to associate with. E.V.E.R.

I am a strong woman. I can do just about anything I set my mind to, especially with a posse like mine. Who, by the way, you should all want backing you up! These ladies have taken private investigation to a whole new level. I feel like I have my own Charlie's Angels..........

Ladies: come on down and accept this award. And my sincerest thanks. For all you do/have done/will do in the future. I am literally bowing at your feet with admiration.

Comments

Popular Posts